Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Running

Since, I stopped working outside the house I have been running a lot...you may remember the inspiration to run my first 5K Well, now I have a few 5K's under my belt and I recently decided to set a half marathon as a goal. I found one in Cleveland on October 11...hit two birds with one stone, visit friends and plenty of time for me to train. I have lined up some other races for late summer to help with training. I was feeling great, increasing my mileage, doing different workouts all under the watchful eye of my trainer/husband. MBM is super supportive and encouraging...his exact words, "You can do this no problem...as long as you don't get hurt." My thoughts, "hurt? whatever!" Guess what?..I am hurt. My left foot has really been bothering me the past 3 weeks or so. I did a 5K on Sunday and OUCH!!!! So, my trainer has me taking the week off. We don't know what is wrong but here are some contributing factors...I primarily run on the beach in the hard sand, I wear flip flops all day, every day except when I am bare foot walking around in the dry sand. I am hoping to be back to training by Monday...keep you fingers crossed for me!

3 comments:

The 5 Bickies said...

Ugh...a set back for sure! You are doing so well with your training. I hope this week off helps!

melissa said...

Ouch is right! I've had this before (plant ... something or other?)I think mine was caused from wearing flip flops to walk the dogs in the evenings (pretty long and fast walking - not good to do in ff's!)

Michelle T said...

Hope you are feeling better soon!