Thursday, February 26, 2009

On A Roll

Literally! I made the old footlocker roll. The revamp, my original plan was to do some sort of metal paint finish, but once I dragged it out of the storage room and got a good look at it, I liked it as is! So, the revamp, ended up being a good cleaning and adding swivel casters. The trunk is in there...down that narrow path in the storage room. Aah Ha! Unload the years of books and papers. Gather supplies and tools. Mark where to drill. Drill holes. Charge the drill battery...it died with 1 screw left! Story of my life. Get Lulu off the bus, make lunch, do two loads of laundry...charged! Tighten nuts. Polished and ready to roll. The completed trunk in it new home. Now what else can I put wheels on...how about that wicker trunk...for the beach house! I dread to find out what is living inside... Have a great weekend...we are headed to the shore to work on the beach house!

5 comments:

Monica said...

His office looks great! I would never have the nerve to paint a room red. But I really LOVE how yours turned out.

Jen said...

You're amazing! So talented..

The 5 Bickies said...

That is so clever! Hmmm...what can I put casters on?

Suzanne said...

Wow, nice work!

melissa said...

Great job on the footlocker ... I like the doll house in the storage room ;). I would love to buy one and decotate it all up! What or who for, I have no idea - maybe a future granddaughter. :)

melissa