Saturday, June 23, 2007

Philadelphia

Saturday... we took the girls on a field trip to Old City in Philadelphia. Caroline was very excited, as she learned all about Pennsylvania and Philadelphia this year in school.


Our first stop, The Betsy Ross House...

A nice group of girls, with southern accents, offered to take our picture! Unfortunately, you can't take any pictures inside of the house. Since we were in the "City of Brotherly Love" the girls were practicing "Sisterly Love"

Then off to the Liberty Bell...
Caroline was unsure it was the "real" Liberty Bell, because it looked different than the one pictured in her geography cards (in her hand) that one didn't have a crack! Emma looks terrified due to a man that was very eager to have his picture taken in front of the Liberty Bell!

Independence Hall...
We stopped for a picture to honor Commodore John Barry...as we often take the Commodore Barry bridge on our way to the shore!

Walking through the streets of Old City...


Boot scrapers are found at many home entries...I could use one at my house. Strolling down Willing Alley one of the oldest alleys in the City.

Old St. Mary's Church...
Where MBM and I were married almost 10 years ago! While not historical to our nation, it is part of our history!

And just a random fact the interior of the church was used in this movie.


And this is the type of house and neighborhood MBM and I plan on living in when the girls are all grown up!

Sunday...MBM did the Philadelphia Triathlon. I painted this...

12 comments:

k e r r y said...

oooh! love the back porch! Philadelphia - how fun!

Buford Betty said...

What a cutie little family! Looks like y'all had fun. :-)

Sisters with Style said...

It looks like you guys had a marvelous time. Your back porch looks amazing.

Allie_in_Ga said...

I love, love your back porch!!1

Meg said...

What a great weekend trip. The pictures are fantastic of the kids!

Your back patio looks beautiful. How did you manage to get all that painting done with MBM busy that day as well? I'm impressed!

tulipmom said...

Looks like you covered a lot of ground in Philly ... great pics!

The back porch looks fantastic! I too am wondering how you were able to paint without MBM around.

Suburban prep said...

What a great way to spend the weekend with such a cute family.

hqm said...

Thanks everybody...I love my back porch, too!
Meg and Tulip Mom...I love to paint and the girls are very good about not interferring!

KK said...

I think it is so adorable that one of your daughters was carrying a purse! So cute!

Unknown said...

Your back porch looks great. Do tell where you got the patio furniture!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! I just came across your blog and saw your Philadelphia post, and Old Saint Mary's. . .my fiance and I are getting married there in December!! So funny! Great photos, you have a lovely family!
Regan from SharpLily.com

workinthatpreppy said...

great pics. my son loved his trip this past spring to your neck of the woods...