Thursday, June 7, 2007

Today is the day!

I have been prepping for this day since last years event. It is somewhat like training for a marathon or studying for a big exam. The workouts, the focus, the endurance, and preparing my strategy.

THE LILLY PULITZER WAREHOUSE SALE
When you are in a sea of pink and green Lilly prints at 70% off it is easy to lose your head. Here are some rules that I follow at the Lilly sale!


1. Try not to make eye contact with other shoppers. You may run in to someone you know that will take up valuable shopping time.
2. Take a big shopping bag the second you walk in!
3. If you think you like it, put it in the bag, they have tables where you can sort and ditch!
4. Wear your best underwear and bra...the fitting room is a big giant open space.
5. The fitting room is a great place to find items that may have been ditched by another shopper.
6. NEVER wear Lilly to the Lilly Sale...there will be many violators of this rule, trust me!
7. Know where they bring out the goods. It is a parade of rolling racks with more stuff.
8. Leave the kids at home!
9. Focus, focus, focus!
10. Be extra sweet to your husband the days before and after the sale!


I'll share my loot with you tomorrow!

20 comments:

Suburban prep said...

Oh My someone will have a great time.
Can't wait to see all your goodies.

J said...

Lucky you! I can't wait to see what you get.

Meg said...

Lucky lady! Can't wait to see your spoils!

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Let the games begin! I hope you find some great goodies!

Allie_in_Ga said...

Best of luck!!! I am so jealous.

Anonymous said...

I like that your taking this sale so seriously. Wishing you good shopping karma!

amanda said...

oh my goodness. I'm so jealous!

workinthatpreppy said...

after this event, you may need a vaca, a massage or just a day at the spa alone...i hope after all your training, you'll be a winner. can't wait for you to show off your "trophies!"

melissa said...

I am sooooo jealous!! Love your rules ;)

My local Lilly store told me that they will NOT be having many sales any more because of this event. They send there things there for the warehouse sale!! You are so lucky :)

mcc

Libby said...

Best of luck out there!! Can't wait to see what you return with!

Sisters with Style said...

Good luck! Hope you get lots of goodies!

Emily said...

How very fun! Look forward to seeing the loot!

tulipmom said...

Watch out Lilly lovers.... here comes Heather and she has a PLAN!
Can't wait to see what you found.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness I'm so jealous! Can't wait to see your finds!

workinthatpreppy said...

Well...we are dying to see!!!! Did you have any luck????

Allie_in_Ga said...

I am glad I could help with the header sizing! It looks great and I can't wait to see what stuff you got at the sale!

lisagh said...

Where's the loot? Can't wait to see it!

k e r r y said...

wellllll!!!??? how did it go????

Beth said...

It's killing me-dying to see what great finds you got! Hope you had fun!

Cloggsy said...

Oh you are so funny! "Try not to make contact with other shoppers"...hehehe!