Sunday, September 28, 2008

Moving Day

Today we moved my Granny from one Assisted Living Facility to another. This is her third move in just over four years. She spent 45 years in the same house but, jumps from one assisted living to the next. The reason she keeps leaving...1. The food goes down hill. 2. She follows her friends. It cracks me up one leaves and they all follow. While she was holding court in the gorgeous lobby, we were unpacking EVERYTHING she has ever owned. Including 8 boxes of band aids, rollers (electric and Velcro, did I mention she wears a wig?), a Jagermeister t-shirt and hat, the mini wedding album and video to my brothers very short marriage (he has been divorced for 12 years), volumes of People magazines, Christmas cards from years past, and prescriptions dating back to 1994. How some of these things have made all three moves is beyond me. We finished off the day with dinner in the restaurant at 3:00 in the afternoon. She was preening surrounded by my girls in her new home. So it was worth all the clutter. Plus, my cousin and I were laughed all day!

No comments: