Monday, March 5, 2007

Sea Shore...

What a weekend! Friday I had a custom handbag party...fun, fun, fun and late,late,late! I got into bed at 3:00 AM and had to be up at 6:00 AM to drive two hours to the "shore" ...Sea Isle City, New Jersey. I am NOT a late night girl...I NEED a full night sleep to function. To my surprise I was quite pleasant all day Saturday. My husband and I have flipped a few beach houses and our latest purchase we have decided to keep for ourselves. It is a 102 year old Victorian beach cottage. Sounds nice, doesn't it? We are the fourth owners, the couple that we bought it from was there for 25 years. We did a ton of work last spring...cleaning it out was the biggest job. They left EVERYTHING...all the furniture, dishes, towels, and even their tooth brushes. We took out 45 bags of trash. Not to mention the furniture, etc...We painted the every room, the kitchen cabinets, basically anything that wasn't moving got a fresh coat of paint. We rent the house for the summer and hope to someday build our dream house on the lot. The house cannot be saved. In the fall, we ripped up all the carpets to expose the original wide plank pine floors. We found 2 layers of carpet, padding, tacks, staple, and glue! So we sanded a few weeks back and this weekend we decided to paint the floors. Saturday morning we primed the floors. Saturday afternoon we put on the first coat of paint. Sunday morning we put the second coat of paint! I think it looks great. So fresh, clean, and cool! I did not take before pictures of the house but, will be sure to post some pictures of the "shack" as we call it when it is all ready for summer! PS...I can't wait for the summer!

No comments: