Tuesday, April 17, 2007

So much to say...

In the wake of the tragedy yesterday at Virginia Tech, I find myself to be sad, confused, angry, scared and so many other emotions. Since, I have been a stay at home mom so many horrible things have happened in our country, Columbine, September 11th, the Amish school shootings (which happened just 15 minutes down the road from my home and my children's' school) just to name a few. All of which I watched unfold on TV at home by myself with my children. Glued to my television for hours with each minute becoming more terrified and feeling more personally connected to the story. So today, I turned off my television , turned on and up my iPod in my studio. Focusing on my work and my family. Am I choosing to ignore or wave my white flag at all these awful things? Maybe. I feel like our hands are tied. How do we protect our families? Better gun laws? Metal detectors? Lock downs? A madman is a madman. None of things could have stopped him.

No comments: