Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Morning After

We spent our St. Patty's Day celebrating with the Bunko crew! FUN!!! We headed home fairly early...that group can go late, especially, since we have all been stuck in with the weather. I needed to be bright eyed and bushy tailed for my day with Caroline. We went First Communion dress shopping. Sometimes, we have different opinions on what is appropriate for an eight year old girl. But, in the end she picked a beautiful dress. She looks lovely in it and she looks like an eight year old girl, which makes me VERY happy! We did some more shopping and out to dinner and shared a dessert. I don't really get much one on one time with Caroline or Emma so today was nice for me. I can't believe that my baby girl is eight! And our little friend Fiona...the prognosis they received is best case scenario. She started Chemotherapy. If she responds okay to the treatment, she can start outpatient in April. Sweet little baby has been a trooper. A nurse came into draw blood for some test, she explained to Fiona what she was going to do and Fiona responded with a very polite "No Thank You." Our neighbors have really come together for the family,with meals, shoveling and helping however we can. It is so comforting to know that we a surrounded by such giving friends!

No comments: